The World Health Organization (5) is self-reported validated measure of current mental well-being which can be used as a quick Mental Health Screening Check-Up for your staff. Individuals with low scores maybe identified for the provision of further mental health support.
Please complete the following
Please indicate for each of the five statements below which is closest to how you have been feeling over the last two weeks. Notice that higher numbers mean better well-being. Ranks: All of the time (5); Most of the time (4); More than half of the time (3); Less than half of the time (2); Some of the time (1) & At no time (0)
- Over the last two weeks I have felt cheerful and in good spirits
- Over the last two weeks I have felt calm and relaxed
- Over the last two weeks I have felt active and vigorous
- Over the last two weeks I woke up feeling fresh and rested
- Over the last two weeks my daily life has been filled with things that interest me
The raw score is calculated by totalling the figures of the five answers. The raw score ranges from 0 to 25, 0 representing worst possible and 25 representing best possible quality of life.