Here are some ways you can manage your stress:.
1. Don’t consume too much caffeine or nicotine. You may be tempted to have an extra cup of coffee or smoke an extra cigarette, but it can make the problem worse.
2. Work out. You don’t need to be a bodybuilder or anything, but what you can do is take a walk, go on a jog or lift a weight. Stress fills you with energy, and by lifting some weights, you can help lower that energy with ease.
3. Get some sleep. Stress can make it harder to get sleep, so devote more time to winding down. Take a nice bath. Get off your phone. Read a relaxing book. This can help your stress levels decrease by quite a bit.
4. Keep a diary of all your stresses. Write down how you’re feeling and what you want to do about it. This can help you make a nice little plan to combat stress.
5. Remember, there is no shame in talking to someone. A friend can help you. If you need t, contact your EAP Assist counsellor to help you manage stress.
6. Take a look at your schedule. Chances are, there are ways for you to do more in your day without sacrificing sleep.
7. As the saying goes, don’t bite off more than you can chew. It’s okay to not take on so much work, especially if you’re dealing with stress or anxiety. Adding on more work is just going to hurt you in the end.
8. Your health is more important. If you are sick, take care of your illness before you resume your work. If anyone protests, forget them.