Instructions: For each question, please rank from 1 – 5.
Not at All (1) Rarely (2) Sometimes (3) Often (4) Very Often (5)
- I feel run down and drained of physical or emotional energy.
- I have negative thoughts about my job.
- I am harder and less sympathetic with people than perhaps they deserve.
- I am easily irritated by small problems, or by my co-workers.
- I feel misunderstood or unappreciated by my co-workers.
- I feel that I have no one to talk to.
- I feel that I am achieving less than I should.
- I feel under an unpleasant level of pressure to succeed.
- I feel that I am not getting what I want out of my job.
- I feel that I am in the wrong organization or profession.
- I am frustrated with parts of my job.
- I feel that organizational politics or bureaucracy frustrate my ability to do a good job.
- I feel that there is more work to do than I practically have the ability to do.
- I feel that I do not have time to do many of the things that are important to doing a good quality job.
- I find that I do not have time to plan as much as I want to.
Total Score interpretations (No matter your score, pay attention to areas you ranked a 5)
15-18: No sign of burnout.
19-32: Little sign of burnout.
33-49: At risk of burnout.
50-59: Severe risk of burnout.
60-75: Very severe risk of burnout.
If you are concerned about your Burnout Self-Test score please book an appointment to speak with your EAP Assist counsellor at: https://eapassist.com.au/booking-form/