1. Talk to a friend or relative for at least 15 minutes.
2. Do a pleasurable activity (listen to music, read a book, engage in a hobby, etc.) for at least 30 minutes.
3. Take a walk or do some other form of exercise for at least 20 minutes.
4. Do a random act of kindness.
5. Laugh. Find anything (an Internet site, a show, a cartoon) that makes you laugh.
6. Show self-compassion by simply writing down a supportive statement about yourself (e.g., “I give myself credit for trying”).
7. Do something productive you are really good at (e.g., fixing something, cleaning your home, helping someone out, etc.).
8. Tell someone what you need. It doesn’t matter how big or how small.
9. Practice deep breathing (or meditation) for 10 minutes or more.
10. Identify three good things that happened in your day.